Safety is ourtop priority when welcoming groups to any one of our JCA activity centres. Our culture of safety awareness encourages everyone on site to consider their surroundings – a key element to consider in outdoor education.
Through ensuring our high expectations of safety and security are met every day, we believe it provides a better environment to enjoy the excitement of a JCA adventure.
Safety Management System
All of our UK activity centres comply with the health & safety requirements necessary to operate with copies of our public liability insurance available at each JCA centre reception.
A Safety Management System is in place at our JCA activity centres, which has been externally inspected and verified with each member of staff trained to the standards depicted. This works alongside our Emergency Procedures Plan every member of staff must become efficient with during their training.
JCA instructors hold the Health & Safety Executive Appointed Person award and carry a first aid kit for all activity sessions available to groups. A senior member of the JCA team with the First Aid at Work qualification is also present at each of our sites.
Our team ensure our policy on safety can be seen in action every day at our JCA activity centres. Safety and equipment checks are conducted and recorded at the start of the day prior to groups arriving for their first activity. If any equipment shows signs of wear, the item is removed and replaced accordingly in line with our Safety Management System.
Thorough risk assessments have been carried out for all activities available to groups at our UK activity centres. These support Party Leaders in their planning and getting the all-important authorisation from their senior leadership team and relevant authorities. Generic documents are available to download within our Party Leader information section.
In the event of any accidents or near misses arising, these are recorded by the centre staff, analysed by management, and corrected to ensure such issues are avoided in the future.
Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
COVID-19 Charter & Mission Statement
The Management of JCA is committed to its legal and moral obligations to provide and maintain arrangements to ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of its clients, staff and visitors to respond to the specific challenges of COVID-19.
It is the aim of JCA to:
• effectively control risks and prevent ill health to customers, staff and visitors during the global COVID-19 outbreak;
• set a clear direction for the business to follow, supported at the most senior level within the business;
• ensure a planned and systematic approach to the management of COVID-19;
• interpret and establish health, safety and welfare practice of COVID-19.
In order to achieve the above aims JCA will ensure;
• effective arrangements are in place for monitoring Government advice and other governing bodies to facilitate travel in the UK by school and youth, sports and other groups;
• service providers that we work with are compliant with local and national guidelines relating to COVID-19;
• effective arrangements are in place for planning, organising, controlling, monitoring and reviewing preventative and protective COVID-19 measures;
• that competent persons are available to help in undertaking the COVID-19 measures needed to fulfil legal and other health, safety and welfare obligations;
• COVID-19 related risks faced by clients are adequately assessed and that relevant information is provided to groups to pre-departure to assist in the planning and preparation of trips, specific COVID-19 information will be supplied;
• the external accreditation requirements are met to fulfil the COVID-19 framework set by the relevant governing body;
• our staff will be trained in the COVID-19 health, safety and welfare measures implemented.
Learn more about the action we take to ensure we are COVID-19 via the links below:
+ Stay with Confidence
+ COVID-19 Secure Policy & Procedures
+ Condover Hall COVID-19 Risk Assessment
+ Condover Hall COVID-19 Risk Assessment for Activity Days
+ COVID-19 Secure Certificate
The COVID-19 documents and Risk assessments will be reviewed and updated as per the Government’s Roadmap and changing guidance.
While the accommodation styles may vary at each of our UK activity centres, the emphasis on security does not. Our operating systems at each centre ensure we meet the highest standards of security. At all of our activity centres, a member of JCA staff is on call 24 hours a day. In the evenings, senior staff are on duty until late whereas at some centres, night porters take over to patrol the grounds throughout the night to the next morning.
All JCA staff wear a JCA uniform and a name badge with photograph ID. It is essential any visitors to our activity centres sign the visitor book upon arrival and wear a visitor badge.
In addition to these, our activity centres have clearly defined perimeters with security barriers and most operate CCTV security.
Further information on fire drills, safety on site, our Code of Conduct, and security can be found in our Party Leader Packs. Please also refer to our JCA Safety Management System and risk assessment documents prior to arriving for your JCA adventure.
Keeping up our high standards of quality learning experiences and safety during our residentials, we are recognised for the hard work we put in to continue to exceed the standards defined by the British Activity Providers Association (BAPA). As an accredited member of BAPA, we meet the high levels of quality, safety and value set for activity centres and residential providers. We’re also accredited with the Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC) Quality Badge, this means you can be assured of quality and safety across all of our residentials.